Student Due Process Procedure : 3.02.01.00
Printed on July 5, 2020, 2:10 am
Policy/Guideline AreaStudent Policies
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges
The purpose of this policy is to establish student due process procedures for Tennessee Board of Regents institutions.
- Due Process
- Institutions governed by the State Board of Regents, in the implementation of Board approved policies and regulations pertaining to discipline and conduct of students, shall ensure the constitutional rights of students by affording a system of constitutionally and legally sound procedures which provide the protection of due process of law.
- If, in accordance with the institution regulations governing discipline in cases of student social misconduct, a hearing is requested, the following minimal procedures will be observed:
- The student shall be advised of the time and place of the hearing.
- The student shall be advised of the breach of regulations of which or she he is charged.
- The student shall be advised of the following rights:
- The right to present their case.
- The right to be accompanied by an advisor.
- The right to call witnesses on their behalf.
- The right to confront witnesses against them.
- The student shall be advised of the method of appeal.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203
TBR Meetings, August 17, 1973; September 30, 1983