Annual Reports : 1.02.10.00
Policy/Guideline AreaGovernance, Organization, and General Policies
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges, System Office, Board Members
The Tennessee Board of Regents is required to submit an annual report to the governor and the legislature at the end of each fiscal year. In addition, the president of each institution is required by Article IX of the Bylaws of the Board to submit an annual report to the Board, through the Chancellor, of the work and condition of the institution under their control. The following policy is adopted concerning the preparation and submission of these reports.
- Reports of the Board
- The Chancellor shall prepare the annual report of the Board for submission to the governor and legislature.
- The report shall reflect the operations of the Board, and the condition and progress of institutions under the Board's jurisdiction.
- The report may contain any necessary recommendations to the governor and to the legislature for the future progress of the System, and may emphasize a particular theme for each year, reflecting the activities of the Board and the institutions which relate to that theme.
- Reports of Institutions
- The president of each institution shall submit an annual report of the institution to the Board, through the Chancellor, not later than September 15 of each year.
- The report shall be for the fiscal year ending June 30 of that year, and shall provide sufficient information to reflect the work and condition of the institution for the fiscal year.
- In providing information which reflects the work and condition of the institution, the annual report should include information in the following general areas:
- Academic programs and activities;
- Enrollments, student life activities and degrees conferred;
- Faculty and other personnel;
- Financial conditions and status; and
- Development, renovation and maintenance of physical facilities.
- In addition, the report may include any additional information concerning the institution which will fulfill special functions or uses of the report for the institution.
- The Chancellor may require any or all institutions to provide additional information on the work and condition of the institutions, and may designate the format and content of the report or portions thereof if necessary to ensure adequate or uniform information.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203; TBR Bylaws
TBR Meetings, June 25, 1976; September 30, 1983; June 19, 1998