Expenditures on System-Owned Residences : G-040
Printed on March 23, 2023, 8:40 am
Policy/Guideline AreaGeneral Guidelines
Applicable DivisionsCommunity Colleges
The purpose of this guideline is to establish the operational guidelines for expenditures on system-owned residencies furnished to TBR Presidents at institutions governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Expenditure Guidelines
- The Board of Regents and the institutions under its control furnish to the presidents system-owned residencies in recognition of the role these staff members must play in official entertainment and other official functions in these residencies.
- Expenditures are required to furnish, maintain, repair, renovate, and operate these residencies. The following guidelines apply to expenditures on these residencies by the respective institutions for their presidents:
- The institution will pay all utility bills for these residencies.
- The institution will pay for necessary repairs and maintenance to keep these buildings in an acceptable state of repair and operation.
- The institutions will finance any major renovations and expansions of these buildings, subject to their being approved by the Chancellor.
- The institutions will purchase and replace furniture and furnishings used in public and/or official entertainment areas in these residencies. Staff members will provide furniture used in private or family areas. Carpets or rugs and wall and window coverings will be purchased through normal institutional purchasing procedures and will be in a cost range in keeping with the quality of the residencies and for long wear and service.
- Staff members occupying these residencies will be expected to purchase any furniture or furnishings which are for their own personal convenience and may take them when they or their heirs leave the residency.
- The Board and institutions will provide the necessary grounds keeping and custodial personnel to maintain the grounds and residencies at an acceptable level of cleanliness and attractiveness along with required cleaning and grounds keeping supplies and equipment.
- Staff members occupying these residencies are expected to use appropriate judgment and discretion in the expenditures of money for operation, maintenance, repairs, and furnishings.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203
Approved by Chairman of SBR Committee on Finance and Business Operations, September 1, 1975; Presidents’ Meeting February 13, 2002.