Printed on March 24, 2019, 7:03 pm
This policy describes the powers and duties of the Presidents Athletic Council.
- Membership. The Presidents Athletic Council (PAC) shall be comprised of all the presidents of the community colleges that participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- The PAC shall adopt by-laws governing the operations of the Council. The By-laws shall be submitted to the Board of Regents for approval.
- The PAC shall adopt policies and procedures governing the administration of intercollegiate athletics through the Tennessee Community College Athletic Association.
- All policies and procedures must comply with the requirements of the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- All policies and procedures must comply with all applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
- All policies and procedures must comply with TBR policies and procedures.
- All policies and procedures must be submitted to the TBR Office of General Counsel for review and approval.
- The PAC shall adopt an operating budget each fiscal year, which shall coincide with the fiscal year of the TBR system.
- The budget must adhere to TBR Policy 4:01:00:01, Budget Principles and TBR Policy 8.03, Athletic Program Finances, as applicable. If there is a conflict between those two policies, Policy 8.03 will control.
- The budget must be submitted to the Board of Regents for approval at the June Board meeting.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203(a)(1)(D)
NEW Policy approved by the Board on December 13, 2018