Leave Transfer Between The State University & Community College System & State Agencies : 5.01.01.06
Printed on March 23, 2023, 9:45 am
Policy/Guideline AreaPersonnel Policies
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges, System Office
The purpose of this policy is to establish the criteria and process regarding leave transfer between the State University and Community College System and State Agencies.
- Leave Transfer
- Any regular employee of any agency, office or department of the State of Tennessee or of any State college who leaves one of these employers for employment with another without a break in service shall have all annual and sick leave transferred.
- Moreover, if an employee leaves the State University and Community College System institutions/Board of Regents System Office and is re-employed with a State agency prior to his/her termination date with the State University and Community College System, he/she shall have all unused annual leave transferred/reinstated to the employing agency and shall not be entitled to payment for annual leave beginning with the date of re-employment.
- Any payment for annual leave upon the termination which is later found to have been in violation of this policy shall be repaid to the State University and Community College System institutions/System Office by the terminating employee.
- When a former employee who has at least one (1) full year of State employment in good standing returns to full-time service with one of these employers, he/she shall be credited immediately with all sick leave to which he/she was entitled at the time of termination. The last employer shall be responsible for certifying eligibility for this sick leave credit to the re-employing agency, college or university.
- If any teacher employed by a local school board in Tennessee leaves the employment of that board in good standing and becomes a full-time state employee within six months of the date of termination, upon certification of accrued and due sick leave by the previous employer, he/she shall be immediately credited with all sick leave to which he or she was entitled at the time of the previous termination.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203
TBR Meetings: August 15, 1975; June 25, 1976; December 2, 1977; June 30, 1978; June 29, 1979; June 26, 1981; September 18, 1981; September 24, 1983; September 30, 1983; June 28, 1985; June 2, 1987; September 16, 1988; September 22, 1989.
The provisions of this policy adopted at the August 15, 1975 meeting, became effective on January 1, 1976, and changes in eligibility to earn leave or in the amount of leave earned for a period of service were prospective only.