Disaster Relief Service Leave : 5.01.01.17
Printed on March 23, 2023, 10:31 am
Policy/Guideline AreaPersonnel Policies
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges, System Office
The purpose for this policy is to establish the criteria and process regarding disaster relief service leave for employees at the System Office and institutions governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Disaster Relief Service Leave
- In accordance with TCA § 8-50-810, a regular employee who is a certified disaster service volunteer of the American Red Cross may be granted leave with pay for up to fifteen (15) work days each calendar year to participate in specialized disaster relief services for the American Red Cross.
- The request for the employee's services must come from the American Red Cross and is subject to approval by the employee's supervisor.
- The institution/System Office may require the employee to provide verification of service following the disaster period.
- Employees who are currently certified as a disaster relief volunteer must register with the Office of Human Resources immediately.
T.C.A. §§ 49-8-203, 8-50-810
TBR Meeting, March 27, 1998; March 28, 2008.