Printed on March 21, 2018, 4:18 am
Governance, Organization, and General Policies
System Office, Board Members
The purpose of this policy is to state the committee organization and operation of the State University and Community College System.
- Operation of the State University and Community College System
- The Board of Regents as a whole shall be responsible for the operation of the State University and Community College System.
- The Board may organize standing and special committees as necessary to carry out its governance, control, and management functions.
- The Committees of the Board shall make studies of the problems in the fields assigned to them and advise the Board as to what, if any, changes of policy should be made.
- Each of the standing committees shall keep informed with respect to the manner in which the policies of the Board are being administered in its field.
- Committee Members
- Each standing committee shall consist of not less than three and not more than seven members.
- A majority of the members of a committee shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
- The Board of Regents may authorize special committees with whatever membership is desired by the Board.
- Each standing or special committee shall report to the Board periodically or at the request of the Chairman of the Board.
- The Chairman of the Board shall be an ex-officio member of all committees with the authority to vote.
- The Chancellor and Secretary shall be ex-officio members of all committees without the authority to vote.
- The Executive Director of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission may serve as a member of any committee without the authority to vote.
- The Chancellor shall appoint students and faculty from institutions to serve as ex-officio, non-voting members of the standing committees and may appoint student and faculty representatives to other committees when deemed appropriate in his or her discretion.
- Committees may be authorized to act on behalf of the Board.
Board of Regents Bylaws