Printed on March 21, 2018, 3:44 pm
Governance, Organization, and General Policies
TCATs, Community Colleges, Universities, System Office, Board Members
The purpose of this policy is to outline the purpose of the Board of Regents.
- The purpose of the Board of Regents shall be to:
- Establish, govern, manage, and control the State University and Community College System of Tennessee. The Board of Regents views itself as the responsible agency for the purposes and proposals of the System subject only to legislatively mandated review.
- Develop a system organization that will provide coordination of the system of institutions while at the same time preserving the unique qualities, integrity, and regional and community relationships of each of the institutions.
- Provide essential centralized services and uniform procedures which will increase the individual effectiveness and improve operations of each of the institutions of the system.
- Increase the ability of the institutions and the System to compete and account for state appropriations, while providing more efficient utilization of state resources provided for their support.
- Assure more effective lay and public direction and system policy guidance thus preserving citizens' control of postsecondary education in Tennessee.
Board of Regents Bylaws, as amended