Letterhead Stationery : G-090
Policy/Guideline AreaGeneral Guidelines
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges, System Office
The following guidelines set forth considerations for the printing and use of letterhead stationery for all units of the Tennessee Board of Regents System. They are in accordance with the general rules and regulations of the Higher Education Publications Committee.
- General Statement
- Each institution shall develop implementing procedures consistent with these guidelines. Exceptions to the guidelines are subject to prior approval by the Chancellor.
- Each president shall designate an individual, office, or committee to approve the printing and purchase of all letterhead stationery bearing the name of the institution and be responsible for enforcement of the institution's guidelines.
- Different types of letterhead on each campus shall be kept to a minimum.
- The following shall apply to all stationery printed or purchased with institutional funds:
- All letterhead shall be printed on 8 1/2" x 11" or smaller standard size, 20 or 24-pound white or colored paper with a bond, wove or laid finish, No. 4 grade, with or without watermark, with 25% or less cotton fiber.
- All letterhead shall be printed with no more than a three color ink logo.
- The institution name shall appear at the top or bottom of the page.
- Names of offices or individual titles, addresses, and phone numbers may be printed on letterhead; however, no individual names may be printed on letterhead.
- All letterhead shall be offset printed, whether by the institution, the State, or commercial printer, without benefit of any engraving, thermograph printing, or any form of raised letter printing.
- All stationery envelopes shall be printed with no more than three color ink on 24-pound white or colored wove or laid paper, in standard sizes, with the name and address of the institution printed in the upper left corner in accordance with postal regulations.
- As an alternative to letterhead stationery, less expensive inter-office memoranda should be used for on-campus or informal correspondence.
T.C.A. § 49-8-203
November 8, 1982 SBR Presidents Meeting. Revised July 1, 1984. Revised November 8, 2006 Presidents’ Meeting.