Campus Communication of Board Actions and Policies : G-010
Printed on March 23, 2023, 8:58 am
Policy/Guideline AreaGeneral Guidelines
Applicable DivisionsTCATs, Community Colleges, System Office, Board Members
The purpose of this guideline is to establish the criteria and process for communicating Board actions and policies to the institutions governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
- Communicating Board Actions and Policies
- Prior to meetings of the Presidents Council and the Board of Regents, the staff of the TBR System Office shall post notice on the TBR website, for the persons and organizations listed below, of all proposed new, deleted, and revised System policies and guidelines.
- Following meetings of the Presidents Council and the Board of Regents, the staff of the TBR System Office shall post notice on the TBR website, for the persons and organizations listed below, of all approved new, deleted, and revised policies and guidelines.
- Institution Presidents
- Board Members
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- State Comptroller’s Office
- Tennessee Legislative Library
- Tennessee State Employees’ Association
- System Office staff shall also maintain up-to-date copies of all System policies and guidelines on the TBR website.
- Minutes of each meeting of the Board of Regents shall be prepared at the direction of the Board Secretary, and approved by the Board at the following meeting. Once approved, the minutes shall be posted to the TBR website by System Office personnel.
- Links to the various TBR websites for the above information are available on Exhibit 1, Communicating Board Action.
- Exhibit 1 - Campus Communication of Board Action & Policies (docx /201.04 KB)
T.C.A. § 49-8-203
September 1, 1976 SBR Presidents Meeting. Revised July 1, 1984; Presidents’ Meeting February 13, 2002; Ministerial revision, March 3, 2016.